Sunday, August 19, 2012

Israel!


My trip to Israel was life changing. Seeing the western wall, twice, made me feel spiritual and even more Jewish than I already am. Being in historical places like Haifa or Masada made me realize what had happened in the past and the struggles Jews had to make. Waking up early and climbing up Masada to see the sunrise was one of my favorite moments (even if I felt faint on the way up and fell down 3 steps on the way down) because I got to see the sunrise from a historical site. When I went to the Holocaust museum, I was holding back tears when looking at pictures and reading stories. The museum told me even more stories about the Holocaust than I already knew. Riding the camel was also a pretty neat experience too; I’m so glad it didn’t spit on me! Another cool thing I did was I floated in the Dead Sea and took a Dead Sea Mud bath. One night we slept in a Bedouin tent. The tent was so hot I slept outside under the stars with a few other people. I even tried some great food like real falafel and Shwarma. I also did some mitzvahs while there. I worked on a farm and picked onions, and I helped trim some trees for JNF. I also got to help out at an excavation in a cave where I learned that a group of Jews hid in there from the Romans. At the end of the trip, I left Israel with 47 new members of my Mishpucha, which means family. I can’t wait to go back to Israel again someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment